Memorable March Quotes

Memorable March Quotes
 It's almost inevitable: When the stars come out, so do the shocking admissions. With divorces, scandals and Hollywood slams, the biggest news of the month has sparked many memorable statements. We take a look at some of the best quotes of March 2011.


Serena Williams

"This has been extremely hard, scary and disappointing. I am doing better; I'm at home now and working with my doctors to keep everything under control."
The 29-year-old tennis star responded to concerned fans after she was hospitalized after suffering a life-threatening blood blockage.

Tiki Barber

"After seeing my brother still have fun at our age, it reignited the fire. I'm really looking forward to the challenge of seeing if I can get back to the level of where I was." After a brief retirement, the former NFL running back made a shocking announcement.

Selena Gomez

"This song is such a great message to my fans, and it really touched me when I heard it. Basically, it's to the haters, it's to the people who try to bring you down."
The former child star, who is now dating a megastar who has been known to incite riots, gushed about her latest single.

Rush Holt

"While it was fun to out-do Watson for one night in trivia, it is vital that, as a nation, we out-innovate, out-educate and out-build the rest of the world for generations to come."
The IBM supercomputer that kicked butt against this champ on the popular game show "Jeopardy!" was bested by the New Jersey representative.

Ron Schiller

"While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements that are counter to NPR's values and also not reflective of my own beliefs. I offer my sincere apology to those I offended."
The former NPR exec was the latest victim of a video sting by a conservative activist. The ex-CEO announced his resignation and is now out of a new job.

Phil Collins

"I don't think anyone's going to miss me. I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that. It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me."
The 60-year-old musician fueled rumors he would be retiring from music.

Mike Huckabee

"One of the things that is troubling is that people see a Natalie Portman or some other Hollywood starlet who boasts of, 'Hey look, we're having children, we're not married, but we're having these children,' and they're doing just fine."
GOP 2012 potential Mike Huckabee backtracked this comment he made about the Academy Award winner's pregnancy.

Newt Gingrich

"My expectation is by the end of this exploratory process, they will have an announcement and we'll be in the race."
The possible Republican candidate for president has taken a lot of guff for his noncommittal comments about whether he will run in the 2012 race.

Michael Bay

"We made some mistakes. The real fault with it is that it ran into a mystical world. It was just terrible to do a movie where you've got to have a story in three weeks."
The big-budget action film director said the second film in his blockbuster franchise did not live up to his or fans' expectations.

Lindsay Lohan

"I feel great. I feel happy. There's always, you know, things ... bumps that we have in the road. As long as I'm focusing on the one thing that I know I need to put first in my life, which is, you know, my recovery and stuff, then I'm doing good, and that's most important for me."
The troubled "Mean Girls" actress is looking at some serious time if convicted of  recent allegations. Get the latest on her plea deal.

Melissa Gilbert

"We have loved each other for a very long time, and we share four incredible sons together. On behalf of our family, we ask to be allowed our privacy during this very difficult time."
The "Little House on the Prairie" star announced her divorce from her husband of 16 years.

Kim Kardashian

"I don't have an album in the works. It was just something that kind of got me out of my comfort zone."
The 30-year-old reality starlet talked about her new club-ready song and dished that her NBA star boyfriend even serenades her with the tune, which she recorded for a good cause.

Kelly Preston

"Well, they talked about it. She's a great dancer, too. I think she's going to win."
The new mother dished on whether her famous dancing husband would give any tips to his former co-star when she competes on a popular TV dance show.

Kelly Osbourne

"I would be like, 'I hate myself, I hate my life, I want to die.' The thing is, I was never fat. There is real-world large and then there is Hollywood large, which is a size 6."
The fashion pixie talked about the pressures to stay thin in Hollywood and her recent dramatic weight loss.

John Galliano

"I fully accept that the accusations made against me have greatly shocked and upset people. Anti-Semitism and racism have no part in our society. I unreservedly apologize for my behavior in causing any offense."
The 50-year-old disgraced fashion designer may have committed career suicide with alleged anti-Semitic remarks he made during a recent arrest. He was subsequently fired by a major fashion house.

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan

"Our country faces its worst crisis since the end of the war 65 years ago. I'm convinced that working together with all our might the Japanese people can overcome this."
The prime minister spoke at a nationally televised press conference in Tokyo after the country was hit with an 8.9-magnitude earthquake, which triggered a powerful tsunami. Get the latest on the rising death toll.

David Arquette

"I got into a car accident, but I'm fine. Luckily, I have tiger's blood running through my veins."
Courteney Cox's estranged husband survived a recent head-on collision and was still cracking jokes, like this riff on Charlie Sheen's now infamous saying.

Demi Lovato

"The journey that I've been on has been very, very difficult over the past few months. I can't tell you how much light you brought into my life in probably the darkest time of my life."
The Disney singer-actress spoke to her fans about her recent time in a treatment center after quitting a 2010 tour with a pop boy band.

Chuck Heath

"The only thing that worries us most is her safety. We sleep with the guns."
Former governor of Alaska Sarah Palin's father said recent death threats against his daughter and her family worry him.

Chris Brown

"At the end of the day, if I walk around apologizing to everybody, I'm gonna look like a damn fool."
The 21-year-old "Forever" singer mused about the ongoing fallout from the violent 2009 incident between him and a pop star.

Charlie Sheen

"I want you to go to your window, I want you to open it ... I want you to join our chant: winning, winning, winning ..."
The sitcom king was officially let go from his cash-cow hit show after endless rants against the show's creators and many timeless quotes. Is he already planning for a TV return?

Brad Womack

"She is the most genuinely kind human being that I've ever met. She makes me want to be a better person. I'd marry her right now. I tried to marry her when the show was airing."
The former "Bachelor" talked about his brief breakup with his fiancee and their secret plans to marry.

Amanda Seyfried

"[It is] one of the easiest things in the world. You're both open. You're put in a situation where you have to make out with each other. It's easy for things to get carried away."
The "Little Red Riding Hood" star dished about her heartbreak over her former British co-star as well as dating a hunky actor and a tormented vampire. 
Source: Specials
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!