Melissa McCarthy: It's Impossible to Find Trendy Clothes That Fit

Melissa McCarthy: It's Impossible to Find Trendy Clothes That Fit
Melissa McCarthy: It's Impossible to Find Trendy Clothes That Fit, Melissa McCarthy is known for her laugh-out-loud roles in comedy gems like Bridesmaids and Mike & Molly, and now the 41-year-old is using her fame to help other plus-size women feel like stars, too.After co-designing her Emmys dress with couture dressmaker Daniella Pearl, McCarthy -- who combed through "9 million dresses with taffeta or shiny bows" -- decided to create a clothing line for women with similar body types.


"Trying to find stuff that's still fashion-forward in my size is damn near impossible," she tells The Hollywood Reporter. "It's either for like a 98-year-old woman or a 14-year-old hooker, and there is nothing in the middle."

It wasn't until McCarthy became a mother to daughters Vivian, 4, and Georgette, 1, that she stopped feeling insecure about her physical appearance.


"The stupid stuff like what I wear or how I look I can't control, so I just try not to give too much energy to it," she says. "At 20, I would have been like: 'Don't they like me? Was it my hair?' At 41, I think the things that define me, I hope, are a lot more than those kinds of petty things."

In addition to delving into the world of fashion, McCarthy and her husband, actor Ben Falcone, are also starting their own production company.


"To have the opportunity to start developing and being on the creating side of stuff, for me, is one of the most amazing and exciting things that's happened," McCarthy tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I've been writing for 15 years, and now, suddenly, people are like, 'Oh, what's in that drawer?' It's like, 'Well, I'll show what's in the drawer.'" Melissa McCarthy: It's Impossible to Find Trendy Clothes That Fit,

Source: yahoo
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!