Christina Aguilera Etta James Funeral

Christina Aguilera Etta James Funeral, Over the years, as she's undergone various transformations and entered into different phases of her career, Christina Aguilera has kept one song a staple of her live shows: 'At Last.' Earlier today (Jan. 28), the pop star performed the tune at the funeral of the woman who made it famous, Etta James.


"It's very emotional for me to sing it today, as this has meant so much to me," Aguilera told mourners in Gardena, Calif., where the R&B legend was laid to rest.

Unfortunately, Christina's heartfelt performance was overshadowed by major faux pas on the singer's part. During Aguilera's rendition of 'At Last,' the audience began noticing a mysterious liquid dripping down the inside of her right leg from underneath her skirt! The embarrassing streaks have been identified as fake tanner, but photos of the beauty blunder have sparked a firestorm on the internet, with people speculating about the "real" cause of the streaky leg stains. Sadly, the drip drama has turned what should of been a poignant moment for the star into a bad memory.

James died on Jan. 20 after long battle with leukemia and other illnesses. Best known for her 1961 version of 'At Last,' she scored numerous R&B hits in the '50s and '60s and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"There's a line in this song that says, 'I found a dream that I could speak to,' and for me, that dream all my life has been Etta James," Aguilera said. "I've aspired to sing like her, to be like her. to emulate her notes and her passion and the love for what she did. I could feel it, and out of all the singers I've ever heard, she was the one that cut right to my soul and spoke to me. So tonight, Etta, this song is for you."

Talking with CNN, Aguilera said that she met the singer at a magazine shoot and took away some valuable words of wisdom. "She told amazing stories and always told me to stay true to my heart, true to the way I am and true to myself, because that's what she did," she said.  Watch Christina Aguilera Sing 'At Last' at Etta James' Funeral,

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!