Blake Shelton and Kaynette Williams divorce one-year after meeting Miranda Lambert

Blake Shelton and Kaynette Williams Divorce One-Year After Meeting Miranda Lambert
Blake Shelton and Kaynette Williams Divorce One-Year After Meeting Miranda Lambert, When Nashville sweethearts Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton got married in May, it seemed like a romance written in a country song-one where, Lambert recently admitted, the guy was already married when they met.

In a new interview with Hoda Kotb, which aired Monday night on Dateline, Lambert said she immediately felt “this draw” to Shelton when they were first introduced at CMT’s 100 Greatest Duets Concert in 2005, so she tried to ignore the one thing keeping them apart.

“I knew he was married,” said the 27-year-old singer during the interview. “I had seen their wedding picture in Country Weekly. I knew better, like, this is off limits. My parents are private investigators for God’s sake. I’ve seen this my whole life – affairs. Of all people to know better, I know better than this.”

Shelton divorced his first wife, Kaynette Williams, a year after he met Lambert. “I’ve never had that kind of experience with anybody,” Shelton remembered of meeting Lambert in a recent Behind the Music episode. “I was a married guy, you know? Standing up there and singing with somebody and going, ‘Man, this shouldn’t be happening.’ Looking back on that, I was falling in love with her, right there on stage.”

Added Lambert in that same special: “It was just like this draw to each other. It was just sort of this inevitable chemistry.”
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!